Spaghettini Review - Huntington Beach

It has been a while since I wrote on my blog. I apologize for the MIA as studying for my professional exams and work has taken up all of my time in the past two months.

On one of my recent business trips, I visited Huntington Beach, California - just 30 minutes south of Los Angeles. I was super excited to be able to escape from the chilly fall weather in Toronto for a week. 

One of the restaurants I ate at is Spaghettini. From the name, you obviously know it's an Italian restaurant - probably the nicest one we were at during our stay. 

The restaurant was located across the street from our hotel - Ayres Hotel Seal Beach. The outside looked like a cute brick house and the interior was very modern. It feels like a better lit Moxie's. 

We sat at a booth seat in the dining room     Thanks to our company budget, we were able to splurge a little. I started Ye evening with Champagne - something I don't usually do. I got the Moët Imperial, which definitely helped me to wind down from a busy work day. 

They serve sour dough bread with butter with chives prior to serving appetizers. For starters, I got a garden salad with a balsamic vinegarette, as I didn't want to over eat. I felt that it was relatively standard and the salad was not soaked in dressing. 

For my entree, I ordered a wild mushroom penne. It was delicious and one of the best pastas I've had. I think it says a lot when you've been to Italy. It had a creamy sauce with cooked tomatoes in it. The tomatoes added a tinge of sweetness, giving the dish more flavour. 

After that, we were too full to eat anymore and skipped dessert.

I loved this restaurant. Obviously it is no Michelin star restaurant, but I think for the price you pay, you definitely get wonderful service and great Italian cuisine. 

Ratings
1) Environment - 4
2) Drinks - 3.5 - Champagne was a little expensive at $16 per small bottle
3) Food/Desserts - 4.5
4) Price - $$$ - approx $25 to $40 for per entree
5) Service - 4
Overall - 4

Sorry, didn't bring my nice camera, so pictures are a little blurry




Spaghettini Grill and Jazz Club on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

dimsum count

Links

chowbau eats Toronto restaurants

About

chowbau is a little girl living in Toronto who wants to capture the world on camera while tasting every delicacy along the way.

This blog is dedicated to documenting her reviews, recommendations, and recipes. Hope you enjoy!
Follow me on my instagram for more delicious pictures!