Sushi Queen Izakaya Review

My boyfriend and I went to Sushi Queen Izakaya after work one weekday evening. As I'm always up for some good sushi, colleagues recommended Sushi Queen Izakaya. For a weekday evening, I was surprised to see that the restaurant had more than ten customers. I thought to myself that this is a good sign of their quality. We were sat down at a lovely window side booth seat where we could look out into the street.

We decided to order two bento boxes as we were quite hungry. I noticed that the menu has various number of options that were good deals and they have the essential soft shell crab roll/ spider roll!

We ordered:
1) Ichiban Maki Set ($13.50) - Dynamite roll, spicy tuna, B.B.Q. eel roll. 
2) McCaul ($21.95) - Shrimp & vegetable tempura. sashimi 8pcs, sushi 4pcs, spider roll 4pcs. choice of chicken, salmon, beef, B.B.Q. shrimp, kalbi beef, 2pcs rack of lamb 

As you might know, I always want to try their spider roll and that is one of the main ways I judge the quality of Japanese restaurants.

The Bento boxes came with a small salad and miso soup, which is usually how it is at most Japanese restaurants.

I enjoyed the dinner, however, I definitely had better sushi before. The sashimi or salmon used was not fresh and their sashimi had a very thick cut. I prefer my sashimi to be slightly thinner. The spider roll was average, but definitely better than other places I've tried at the same price point.

Rating
1) Environment - 3.5
2) Drinks, Appetizers & Desserts - 3
3) Meal - 3.5
4) Price - $$
5) Service - 3.5
Overall - 3.5

I enjoyed the dinner, however, I don't think I will be coming back very often, unless I am in the area.




        

Sushi Queen Izakaya on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

dimsum count

Links

chowbau eats Toronto restaurants

About

chowbau is a little girl living in Toronto who wants to capture the world on camera while tasting every delicacy along the way.

This blog is dedicated to documenting her reviews, recommendations, and recipes. Hope you enjoy!
Follow me on my instagram for more delicious pictures!